[Catalyst] Requirement for Makfile.PL or Build.PL in "home"?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue May 29 13:22:22 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 08:11:19PM -0700, Jeff Chimene wrote:
> Great. How does one move the root/ directory? It gets into the .tar
> file, but isn't deployed on the production server.

Assuming Catalyst::Devel is installed on the server you did the make dist
on, the 'catalyst()' line in your Makefile.PL should invoke the bundled
inc/Module/Install/Catalyst.pm such that the root/ directory will go
into site_perl along with everything else; then at runtime Catalyst will
use File::ShareDir to find this directory again, meaning MyApp->path_to
will resolve paths to in there.

Assuming that's -not- what you're seeing, can you check your inc/ to make
sure the Catalyst Module::Install extension's in there and then maybe use
'make -n install' or a find on site_perl to see if your root/ has just
been installed somewhere you didn't expect.

If that doesn't bring enlightenment, tell us what you -did- see when you
checked the things I just suggested and with a bit of luck we'll be able to
figure out what's not going to plan.