[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Session, Facebook, and Custom Session ids

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Thu May 31 00:31:25 GMT 2007

I'm currently using the following plugins for session management in my
Catalyst app:

  Session
  Session::Store::Memcached
  Session::State::Cookie
  Session::DynamicExpiry

Along with the following authentication plugins:

  Authentication
  Authentication::Store::DBIC
  Authentication::Credential::Password

It all works great on my site... however, I was looking to integrate our
app into Facebook, and to have users login to our service through Facebook.

For every request, they will be passing an parameter called fb_sig_user,
which I should be using as a session id on our side.

I was wondering if there was a way that I could override the automatic
creation of session ids with the Facebook id, while also continuing to
use my current setup for onsite users?  I've looked through the docs and
searched a bit and am unclear on this.

Thanks!
Jim