[Catalyst] C::M::DBIC::Schema external configuration

Sven Eppler sven at sveneppler.de
Thu May 31 15:09:31 GMT 2007

Hello There!

I've got a (hopefully) quite easy question :)

If i wanted to have my database connection information seperated from the
code in my myApp.yml file for Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema, how would i
actually do that?

Of course i could do:

Model:
 MyDB:
  connect_info:
   - DSN
   - USER
   - PASSWORD

But actually i don't like it this way. Also i will have to add the
AutoCommit => 1 stuff into the "userconfig" (and obviously i don't want
such internals to be tweaked by a novice user).

I would prefer to have just three questionable parameters: Databasename,
username and password? I tried in my myApp.yml file:

databaseconfig:
 username: blah
 password: foo
 databasename: bar

And then in my Model:
__PACKAGE__->config->{databaseconfig}->{username}

but this actually doesn't work?

Anybody some idea to have this seperated from the code in a way, even some
kind of dummy-webmaster could set the application up?

Thans in advance,
Sven