[Catalyst] Plugin conflict?

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Thu May 31 17:32:17 GMT 2007

Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> Jim Spath wrote:
>> Compress::Deflate and Static::Simple seem to conflict with each other.
>> The result of this is that CSS files don't get served properly.
>>
>> Catalyst sees the request, and knows to serve the correct CSS file
>> through Static Simple, but only a blank page is returned.  If I disable
>> the Compress::Deflate plugin, it works properly.
>>
>> FYI, I am using 0.01 of Compress::Deflate and 0.15 of Static::Simple,
>> which aren't the most recent versions, although I didn't see anything in
>> the changelogs that indicated that this conflict had been recognized
>> and/or fixed.
>>
>> We are working getting the new versions built, but dh_make_perl is
>> giving us headaches.
>>
>> - Jim
>>
>> PS - On a side note, is it possible to change which plugins are loaded
>> depending on whether Catalyst is launched from myapp_server.pl or
>> myapp_fastcgi.pl?  This would be helpful...
>>

> SHow us your use Catalyst line...
> What order are the plugins loaded? (Yes, order matters).

I load plugins in the following order:

   Static::Simple

   DateTime

   FormValidator::Simple
   FillInForm

   Email

   Compress::Deflate

   Cache::Memcached

   I18N
   Unicode

   Authentication
   Authentication::Store::DBIC
   Authentication::Credential::Password

   Session::DynamicExpiry
   Session
   Session::Store::Memcached
   Session::State::Cookie

I don't use Static::Simple in our production configuration normally,
which is why I am curious about being able to choose which plugins to
load based on how Catalyst is loaded (via server.pl or fastcgi.pl).

And I was aware that the order in which plugins are loaded matters, as
Session::DynamicExpiry gave me some problems when I first started using
it until I moved it in front of the other Session plugins.

However, I moved Compress::Deflate above Static::Simple and it didn't
seem to affect my the problem.

- jim