[Catalyst] template toolkit caching

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu May 31 19:26:03 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

> I believe Template::Plugin::Cache will do what you want. Perrin (the author) has
> a patch from me that lets you pass in the Cache object from Catalyst and use
> that, so any supported backend is available. If you bug him, I'll bet he'll get
> a new version up on CPAN. ;)

Yes, sorry I haven't put that up yet, Peter.  Coming soon.

John, are you trying to change the way that TT stores the compiled
templates?  My module doesn't affect that.  It offers a way to cache
the generated output from templates.

To change how compiled templates are stored, you would override (I
think) Template::Provider and change the Template configuration to use
your version.  In my opinion, this wouldn't really be worth the effort
though, since the compiled code is stored in memory after the first
hit in each process.

- Perrin