[Catalyst] Storing DateTime in session causes warning

Tobias Kremer list at funkreich.de
Thu Nov 15 14:12:33 GMT 2007

I'm storing a DateTime object in $c->session and I just realized that this
is causing the following warning on every request:

"Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at ../../lib/Storable.pm
(autosplit into ../../lib/auto/Storable/_freeze.al) line 290."

The following reproduces the error for me:

$c->session->{ 'mydate' } = DateTime->new( year => 2007 );

(for instance in the auto method of the Root controller)

Can somebody confirm this? Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?

--Tobias