[Catalyst] PathPart help

Les Fletcher les at affinitycircles.com
Thu Nov 15 19:47:34 GMT 2007

I have question about setting up PathPart's and Chaining.  I am trying
to set something that has the following look:

/namespace/ => This lists out a list of objects
/namespace/<id> => displays detail information about the object with the
numeric id=<id>
/namespace/<id>/edit => brings up a form to edit object with numeric id=<id>
/namespace/create => brings up a form to create a new object

When the Chained actions are printed out everything looks fine, but when
I goto "/namespace/create" it matches the "/namespace/<id>" view
action.  Needless to say, there isn't an object with the numeric id of
"create."

I would like for Catalyst to try and match the explicit PathPart before
matching the wild card that is <id>.  Any thoughts on best ways to get
around this?

A couple of ways I thought of were:

I could make the view path be "/namespace/<id>/view," it seems a little
weird, but would be acceptable if need be.

I could have an action that matches "/namespace/*" and then forward to
the create action if "*" is "create" and to the view action other wise,
but this could limit my ability to further chain from here.

Catalyst just might not match the paths in a way that is conducive to
this, but just thought I'd throw this out there.

Les