[Catalyst] Fancy graphing -> like Google Finance, anybody done it?

Dustin Suchter dsuchter at ucla.edu
Fri Nov 16 18:07:36 GMT 2007

I know it is easy enough to generate graphics in Perl and Catalyst.
I've also seen a few ways to do DHTML/AJAX style menus in Catalyst
apps. I'd like to implement something like Google Finance's charts
in a reporting system as part of a Catalyst app I'm building.

Personally, I don't care if the back-end uses XML or not, but I
would like to see dynamic graphical information like this chart:
http://tinyurl.com/2n4kbt

I don't mind heavy JavaScript usage but I'd like to keep my core
language to just Perl, i.e. I don't want to have to write any Java
or Flash.

Anybody done this before? Anybody seen this done somewhere else before?

-d