[Catalyst] Patch to make ConfigLoader load "local" files

John Tate jt6 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Nov 20 13:24:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to get C::P::ConfigLoader (0.18) to load "local"
configuration files. From my reading of the documentation, if have a
Config::General configuration file called "myapp.conf", I should be able
to load another file named something like "myapp_local.conf", but I've
not been able to make it work. I can't find any other reports of this
problem, so I'm probably misreading the documentation or misusing the
plugin...

However, from looking at the code and after adding my own debug calls to
C::P::ConfigLoader, I think there might be a problem with the find_files
method. When building the list of config files to load, it returns
something like "myapp.conf_local" rather than "myapp_local.conf". That
file will never get loaded into the configuration because it doesn't
have the right file type to be picked up by Config::Any. Attached is a
trivial patch that changes the way the method builds the filename, which
makes "myapp_local.conf" get loaded as I'd expect.

John.