[Catalyst] expand CGI::FormBuilder

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Nov 23 13:14:25 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 09:43:57AM +0100, Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann wrote:
> Yes, but i dont understand the system catalyst load a class ... at which
> point i must told C::C::FormBuilder to load MyApp::FormBuilder and not
> CGI::FormBuilder?!?!

There's no 'system' specific to Catalyst, it's down to the specific
controller implementation - and below that it's all just standard perl.

> Must i rewrite the hole C::C::FormBuilder::Action? Or what is to do? :-/

Send a patch to Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder to add the class as a
config option, I think.

You want to make the action (the code jrockway pointed out) use the config
option if present or CGI::FormBuilder as a default. Shouldn't be that much
work.

If you put together a patch and tests as a 'diff -ur' or 'svn diff' or
'svk diff' then I'll happily provide feedback and once we've got it to
the point of being ready get in touch with the C::C::FormBuilder author to
arrange a release for you.

--
      Matt S Trout       Catalyst and DBIx::Class consulting and support -
   Technical Director      http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/