[Catalyst] Catalyst Unicode woes ctd.

Matthias Zeichmann matthias at volltext.net
Wed Oct 3 10:24:59 GMT 2007

On 10/2/07, Matt Lawrence <matt.lawrence at ymogen.net> wrote:
> There are a few things you can try to remedy this, TT is supposed to
> understand BOMs, so you might get the correct behaviour by opening
> ins.tt in vim, doing ":set bomb" and then saving it.

if i do that [0] its even getting worse:
------------->8--------------------------
ümläüts inserted Nö!
------------->8--------------------------

btw root/test[12345].tt has a BOM in them already, makes no difference
if i remove it

> Otherwise, setting the default input layer for new handles might do the
> trick.
>
> use open ':utf8'; # all handles are utf8 by default

doing that in my view and / or controller gives me the same behaviour

[0]
mz at mz:utf8_test$ od -c root/ins.tt
0000000 357 273 277   N 303 266   !  \n
0000010