[Catalyst] Catalyst Unicode woes ctd.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Oct 3 14:59:55 GMT 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 11:24:59AM +0200, Matthias Zeichmann wrote:
> On 10/2/07, Matt Lawrence <matt.lawrence at ymogen.net> wrote:
> > There are a few things you can try to remedy this, TT is supposed to
> > understand BOMs, so you might get the correct behaviour by opening
> > ins.tt in vim, doing ":set bomb" and then saving it.
>
> if i do that [0] its even getting worse:
> ------------->8--------------------------
> ümläüts inserted Nö!
> ------------->8--------------------------

Before you kill too much time on this look at Template::Provider
source.

INSERT uses load() and from my quick look load() doesn't call
_decode_unicode() and that's where the BOM and ENCODING checks happen.
So no amount of tweaks outside of altering T::P is going to make a
difference.  That's why I recommended using PROCESS instead.

Maybe you could try [% INSERT plain.txt | some_decode_filter %] but
I have not tried that.  Seems like PROCESS would be the way to go
until T::P can get updated (if that should even happen).

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org