[Catalyst] Re: Subsessions?

Larry Leszczynski larryl at emailplus.org
Thu Oct 4 15:55:06 GMT 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Rainer Clasen wrote:
> With Chaining you have to specify where you actually chain to (even
> if it's "."). With ":Local" you automgagically end up in the current
> namespace, no need to bother making "." available.

Is this something that the PathPrefix[1] attribute would help with, to
make the action relative to the current namespace?  E.g. create a base
class for your athlete class, something like:

     package MyApp::Base::Controller::Athlete;
     use base 'Catalyst::Controller';

     sub diary : Chained('/') PathPrefix Args(1)
     {
         my ($self, $c, $action) = @_;
         my $athlete = $self->path_prefix;
     }