[Catalyst] serving static content from one controller?

Dustin Suchter dsuchter at ucla.edu
Fri Oct 5 03:34:43 GMT 2007

So I've got what has to be a pretty common problem: I've built a
system that is 95% behind some authentication, and 5% public. I'd
like to have the entire public portion be static HTML files that are
all served from the '/public/' directory. I've created a "Public"
controller and the corresponding directory to hold static HTML
content. I've also modified the system such that either the Public
controller or the Login controller can be access by unauthenticated
users.

How do I go about serving the static pages, for example my page
"books_intro.html"?

I've looked into "Static::Simple", but I can't find a good
manual/tutorial on it. I've tried to guess at how to use it but I
pretty much didn't get anywhere.

thanks,
-d