[Catalyst] Re: Encoding problem - ?fastcgi?

Matthias Zeichmann matthias at volltext.net
Tue Oct 9 08:45:27 GMT 2007

On 10/8/07, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also had a maybe similar problem. I've used XML::Simple to parse an XML
> file which is UTF-8 encoded and if I used the Catalyst test web server it
> worked fine, but if I wanted to load the application with Apache, the page
> was double encoded.

octavian, i had similar problems with XML::Simple _on some machines_

yesterday i figured out that using XML::SAX::PurePerl as a default
parser for XML::Simple wrecks unicode handling (after fighting with it
for weeks and using ugly workarounds like traversing structure with
Data::Transformer). you can check by running "make test" in your
XML::Simple builddir. with XML::LibXML::SAX as default parser it works
as a charm

siggen.pl: Segmentation Fault

More information about the Catalyst mailing list