[Catalyst] BUG? value isn't numeric on Catalyst.pm 1357

Ruben Fonseca ruben.fonseca at log.pt
Wed Oct 10 15:47:37 GMT 2007

Hi!

I'm here to report something I think it's a bug.

I'm using the latest Catalyst stable distribution on Perl 5.8.8 and
MacOS 10.4.

I notice *a lot* of errors of this kind during debug:

Argument "0,055361" isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at /opt/local/
lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst.pm line 1357

Looking at the code at the specified line I can see that a
tv_interval is passed through a sprintf "%f" that - at least in my
system and my locale - transforms the float into a number with a comma.

logically when in the line 1357 the string is compared to 0, it
results in an error...

I can't understand with the sprintf is necessary: the tv_interval
always returns a float number. So the solution for me was to remove
the sprintf "%f" on line 1356, and then it all started working
flawlessly.

What do you think about this?

Thank you
Rúben

Rúben Fonseca <ruben.fonseca at log.pt>
Technical Consultant
log <www.log.pt>

Tel: +351 21 330 42 20
Fax: +351 21 330 42 19
Calçada Marquês de Abrantes, 45 - 3º Dto
1200-718 Lisboa