[Catalyst] connecting to a remote sqlite

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Oct 12 18:48:41 GMT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 11:50:01AM +0200, rahed wrote:
> Without prefetch, there is no error. Is it possible (and which way) to
> retrieve data from a remote db via proxy with Catalyst?

Yes, use a database that's network capable like mysql or postgres.

Trying to use DBD::Proxy for this is a -heinous- hack and almost certainly
not going to work (::Proxy is kinda limited, it doesn't supply half the DBI
API ... really, don't try this. I've just about made it work, once, but it
was far far FAR too painful for words)