[Catalyst] Catalyst RPMs for CentOS5

Hans Dieter Pearcey hdp at pobox.com
Fri Oct 19 17:37:26 GMT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:14:20PM +0000, James R. Leu wrote:
> Have you heard of cpan2rpm?
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:02:58PM +0200, mh wrote:
> > I use many rpms from the dag repository, built several
> > missing rpms (with cpan2rpm mostly)

If you're going to snark, at least read the message you're replying to.

For the OP, if you installed modules into site_perl they'd be used ahead of the
core modules, right?  Can you not get cpan2rpm to build rpms that install
there, or do they still conflict? (I don't use rpm for anything.)

I don't think there's any really easy solution -- not using your vendor's perl
(modules) means maintaining upgrades yourself, whether that's via CPAN normally
or using cpan2rpm.

hdp.