[Catalyst] Catalyst RPMs for CentOS5

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Oct 20 04:51:15 GMT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:02:58PM +0200, mh wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> i am new to catalyst and to this list so i hope i am not asking something that
> has been answered a thousand times before. I didn't find anything useful in
> the archives though, except some proposals to build catalyst rpms for
> CentOS(4)...
>
> I wanted to install catalyst on several CentOS5 servers and wanted to use rpms
Build your own perl.

Red Hat have mis-applied 5.10 patches to their 5.8 that will cause from 2* to
100* performance loss on any perl application.

You -must- -not- use a Red Hat perl with any modern perl code if you want
production performance. Compile your own and all modules.

I'm very sorry to have to say this but Red Hat's incompetence leaves me with
no choice.