[Catalyst] Cascading action dispatching

Matthew Pitts mpitts at a3its.com
Sun Oct 21 15:57:44 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 15:39 +0100, Ash Berlin wrote:
> Have you looked at Chained actions?

Yes, I'm currently using chained actions quite a bit. The problem that I
have, is I want a way to have multiple actions chained against root
('/') that are in different Controllers and have the dispatcher call
each one in succession until one of the them actually handles the
request. Basically, I want to have a lot of root-level urls that aren't
first class actions, they're just monikers for DB resources. The catch
is that I don't want to do the all the lookups in the same root-chained
action, because the different monikers are defined in different models.

If you haven't already, check out my original post on this thread where
I explain it in more detail.

Thanks for your comments.

v/r

--