[Catalyst] Cascading action dispatching

Matthew Pitts mpitts at a3its.com
Mon Oct 22 04:03:53 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 20:10 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> Yes, you're crazy.

Acceptance is the first stage to recovery.

> OTOH you appear to be the same same sort of crazy I was when I wrote
> register_actions and intentionally factored the process in such a way
> that it was overridable, so don't let that stop you implementing this.

This is probably the way I'll do this, because it'll DWIW. But, at some
point I'll probably hate myself for it when I want to chain against my
dynamically built actions.

> The only better solution I can think of is to handle whether you
> accept the
> action via an action class, but we need to add a
> $action->match_captures for chain mid-points to make that elegant,
> currently you only get a match on end point which would be a bit messy
> to implement.

I'll take your word on the messy part and look forward to 5.80.

Thanks very much for the input.

v/r

--
Matthew W. Pitts