[Catalyst] Fucking spam.

Bernhard Graf catalyst3 at augensalat.de
Fri Oct 26 08:47:28 GMT 2007

On Friday 26 October 2007 05:44, Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 01:04:54AM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> > Reported to nabble abuse. I'll be killing the post out the archives
> > as well.
>
> Reply:
>
> "Thanks for reporting this. This is a persistent spammer and he had
> faked many accounts to post. We keep deleting him and his accounts
> and his IP address but he seems to have controlled many zombie
> computers (infected by his viruses). We will continue monitor him
> closely. But thanks again!"
>
> Came within about 20 minutes as well.
>
> nabble++

I already dumped this mail, but didn't it have a gmail.com Return-Path?
Gmail is one of the (fre)emailers that uses Domain-Key / DKIM
signatures.

So any mail from g(oogle)mail.com (among others) without a (valid)
DK(IM) key could be dismissed by the mail server if configured to check
those keys - and maybe SPF as well, that is used by AOL.
--
Bernhard Graf