[Catalyst] Fucking spam.

Bernhard Graf catalyst3 at augensalat.de
Fri Oct 26 10:39:47 GMT 2007

On Friday 26 October 2007 09:58, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Bernhard Graf wrote:
> > I already dumped this mail, but didn't it have a gmail.com
> > Return-Path? Gmail is one of the (fre)emailers that uses Domain-Key
> > / DKIM signatures.
> >
> > So any mail from g(oogle)mail.com (among others) without a (valid)
> > DK(IM) key could be dismissed by the mail server if configured to
> > check those keys - and maybe SPF as well, that is used by AOL.
>
> These things hide the problem.  Mailing the admin and having the
> guy's IP banned solves the problem for everyone.

[ ] you have already administrated a real mail server

I don't say that DK(IM)/SPF solve all those problems - neither does the
way you propose.

Maybe mail volume is low enough on lists.scsys.co.uk to forgo any anti
SPAM measurements and mailing other admins is less work than installing
SpamAssassin.
--
Bernhard Graf