[Catalyst] WindyCity.pm Perl Hackathon

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Oct 29 03:56:15 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Sorry to spam you with all these announcements. :)

WindyCity.pm is sponsoring a Perl hackathon on the weekend of December
14-16th (Friday-Sunday; right after the training).  It's downtown at the
J. Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel (http://www.hichicago.org/), and is
free for anyone to attend. =

There are going to be quite a few big-name Perl and Catalyst
personalities there, so you should come too!

You can bring your pet project to work on, get other people involved
with it, and generally socialize with Perl people.  It's pretty fun, and
the venue is right downtown so you can take a break from coding and go
see the museums, Sears Tower, etc.  There are also plenty of places to
get food nearby, so you don't have to worry about that.  (We'll be
providing food, as well.)

Anyway, if you're coming from out of town, we have rooms reserved from
Thursday night to Sunday afternoon at the rate of $31/night.  The rooms
are shared, but only with other people coming for the hackathon, so it
shouldn't be that bad :)  This is really cheap for Chicago, BTW;
anywhere else will be in the $150-$200 range (at a minimum).

If you'd like to come, please e-mail me for more details.  We don't have
a website up yet, but I thought I would let the other Catalyst-ers know
before we run out of rooms :)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway