[Catalyst] post - all empty?

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:26:56 GMT 2007

hi list,

I have a strange problem, that occurs for some clients, for most not:
we have a form, that is setup  by javascript dynamically (form
consits of one input field, one textarea and 2 hidden fields)

form.setAttribute('action','/cat/postings/post_comment');
form.setAttribute('id','input_form');
form.setAttribute('name','input_form');
form.setAttribute('method','post');
form.setAttribute('enctype','multipart/form-data');
form.setAttribute('accept-charset','utf-8');
form.setAttribute('onSubmit', 'return check(' + parent + ')');

as said, most of the time it works without a problem, but sometimes I
get the following error:

[error] Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: xxx
at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Catalyst.pm line 1636"

which is thrown from Enigne.pm

# paranoia against wrong Content-Length header
my $remaining = $length - $self->read_position;
if ( $remaining > 0 ) {
     $self->finalize_read($c);
     Catalyst::Exception->throw(
        "Wrong Content-Length value: $length" );
}

from debugging I found out, that $remaining in fact is $length, so it
seems, that nothing was read from the post body

HTTP::Body is version 0.9, I changed multipart/form-data to
application/x-www-form-urlencoded, still no effect.
to see the form, you have to be logged in, which works fine, I can
identify the user from the session, so cookie etc. working fine

any clue what could happen here?

thanks
josef