[Catalyst] post - all empty?

Josef Chladek josef.chladek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:48:20 GMT 2007

Am 07.09.2007 um 21:24 schrieb Bill Moseley:

> On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 04:26:56PM +0200, Josef Chladek wrote:
>> from debugging I found out, that $remaining in fact is $length, so it
>> seems, that nothing was read from the post body
>
> Are you using SSL? This is way old and doesn't seem to fit your case,
> but some old versions of IE post with zero content length.
>
>     http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=831167
>
> It's amazing that I still see this every so often.

nope, plain http, no ssl involved. and it happens for firefox as well.

I could throw/show an error page, but I can't even display the user-
input on that page (because there is none), which is a pity, because
it's a message-board, so the message is gone after submit...
method get is not perfect (long postings will be cut off).

thanks
josef