[Catalyst] TT and UNICODE: Garbled special characters

Daniel McBrearty danielmcbrearty at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 19:24:51 GMT 2007

i don't know if this helps ... i had to dig around my code to find it,
but I have this at the top of every template (actually at the top on
an included template that they all use ...

[% USE encoding 'utf-8' %]

IIRC this ensures that the correct headers are sent out before the
html. you can check if this is an issue by looking at what the browser
things the content encoding is.

also I put this in the header meta tags:

charset="utf-8" />