[Catalyst] Can't find my canary

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 21 14:55:39 GMT 2007

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks much for the reply.

> FormCanary isn't going to work very well for AJAX.
> It would be better to let your form validation system handle
> canary injection and verification.

I'm using FormBuilder; I didn't see any canaries in there ;-)
I hadn't planned on using this for any of my AJAX forms.

> It turns out that the body is now sent before finalize_session
> gets to inject the canary.  I have fixed this....
> You can get my body fix from git, though, and see if that works
> on your machine.

I did the git (got?), but the FormCanary.pm is no (diff)erent from
the file I (force) installed from CPAN. It has:

our $VERSION = '0.01';

Did your fix not get to git yet?

> BTW, did the tests originally pass for you?

No, I'm the guy who posted the install problem report to rt.
I had a look thru the code before force installing.

/dennis