[Catalyst] CatalystX::CRUD

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Sep 23 23:29:36 GMT 2007

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 01:42:00PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 9/23/07, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> > Do you have any thoughts on how to paper over DBIC's ability to chain searches
> > vs. the lack of that feature in RDBO?
>
> Isn't it primarily a way to build up your search criteria with
> multiple small method calls instead of one big one?  It doesn't seem
> very relevant to a CRUD app where all the criteria come in at once
> from a web form.

You've never implemented a saved search function that allows you to
'search within' a saved search?

You've never done a "view all posts owned by the selected set of users" link?

This sort of thing in DBIC just becomes

$posts_rs = $users_rs->search_related('posts');

whereas (so far as I'm aware, please do correct me if I'm wrong) it's a bit
more work in RDBO.