[Catalyst] New auth stuff and LDAP store...

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Mon Sep 24 17:55:26 GMT 2007

On 09/24/2007 09:55 AM, Alan Humphrey wrote:
> Here's what's working for me:
>

> authentication:
>    default_realm: users
>    realms:
>       users:
>          credential:
>             class: 'Password'
>             password_type: 'self_check'
>
>          store:
>             class: LDAP::Backend
>             ldap_server: 'ldap://localhost:389'
>             user_basedn: 'dc=birdwebdev,dc=dnsalias,dc=org'
>             binddn: 'cn=admin,dc=birdwebdev,dc=dnsalias,dc=org'
>             bindpw: 'xxxxx'
>

> Note in particular the store class name.
>
> FWIW, I'm using OpenLDAP.

Thanks. That works. I'm using OpenLDAP too.

However, I'm concerned about a few things.

(1) the LDAP documentation is wrong.
(2) in grokking the Authentication.pm code, I see that the LDAP modules are
still working by virtue of a lot of code labeled 'BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY' and
'old-style' and warnings about the interface eventually disappearing. These
include get_user() instead of the newer find_user() et al.

As I have the time (and who knows how long that will last...), I'd still like
to bring the LDAP plugins up to speed. I'll hack on it a bit today and see
where I get.

--
Peter Karman  .  peter at peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/