[Catalyst] Subsessions?

Rainer Clasen bj at zuto.de
Thu Sep 27 11:11:47 GMT 2007

Hello,

there are currently two Problems I could easily solve with subsessions.

After saving some data I want to redirect the user back to where he came.
So I'd like to keep track where the user came from. As I expect the User
to use several Browser windows, neither Cookie based Sessions (incl.
stash) work in all scenarios. Right now I'm using the HTTP Referer, which
I'm also considering a bit clumsy.

Furtermore there are users who have access to other users' data. I'd like
them to select them *once* which user's data they want to work on and keep
this for the current browser window. Again I expect the user to use
multiple browser windows (say for working with multiple users' data at the
same time).

So I'm searching for something functional similar to:
http://paneris.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SubSession/SubSessions.html?rev=1.3

I've had no luck finding something similar for Catalyst. Well,
Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::URI gives me some Ideas on how I could
implement this, but if possible I'd prefer to avoid re-inventing the
wheel (especially as I expect this to be non-trivial).

Rainer

--
KeyID=759975BD fingerprint=887A 4BE3 6AB7 EE3C 4AE0  B0E1 0556 E25A 7599 75BD