[Catalyst] The model -is- where your business logic lives.

Ian Docherty catalyst at iandocherty.com
Thu Sep 27 13:05:55 GMT 2007

Pedro Melo wrote:
[...]
> That's what I do with two minor adjustements:
>
>  * I started using load_namespaces to control each source resultset =

> class also;
>  * I don't put my model inside the catalyst application.
>
>> It seems to me that if I want to use the business logic in an =

>> external application (cronjob) then I am having to use the =

>> MyApp::Model::DBIC::Demo namespace as decreed by Catalyst (not that =

>> this is a big issue).
>
> se 2) above. Most of the time I have Demo::Controller, Demo::Model, =

> Demo::View, and my schema is Demo::Schema.
>
> So I can use Demo::Schema in all my crons.
(I assume you mean MyApp::Controller, MyApp::Model etc?)

So, if I read the documentation correctly, I would then have my =

resultsets in MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Demo and my results in =

MyApp::Schema::Result::Demo?

I don't see how this helps me with the namespace in Catalyst, if I use =

$c->model('DBIC::Demo') won't it still come back with the namespace =

MyApp::Model::DBIC::Demo?

Can you show an example of your call to load_namespaces?

> See the SYNOPSIS of =

> http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema on how to =

> do it.
>
> Best regards,