[Catalyst] Re: Subsessions?

Rainer Clasen bj at zuto.de
Fri Sep 28 20:42:29 GMT 2007

Yuval Kogman wrote:
> sub session {
[...]

Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> On 9/27/07, Rainer Clasen <bj at zuto.de> wrote:
> > So I'm searching for something functional similar to:
> > http://paneris.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SubSession/SubSessions.html?rev=1.3
> >

> Interesting.  I usually use GET parameters for that - but I can
> imagine where it would become not enough.

Thanks to both of you. Your responses helped a lot to sort my Ideas and
hack up my initial "poor man" / proof of concept solution:

- subsession ids are generated with c->generate_session_id from the
  Session Plugin.
- subsession data is stored as $c->session->{SUBSESSION}{$ssid}
- ssid is picked from $c->param
- uri_for automagically sets ssid
- all internal links are constructed with uri_for()
- change of subsession data doesn't yet cause a new ssid to be assigned.
  This comes later. Up to then it has to be done manually with
  subsession_next.
- You cannot change subsession data after you've shown the subsession id
  to the client (i.e. you've used uri_for).

So far this seems to work fine, but it needs a bit more testing (and
documentation).

Rainer

--
KeyID=759975BD fingerprint=887A 4BE3 6AB7 EE3C 4AE0  B0E1 0556 E25A 7599 75BD