[Catalyst] How to pass args/data from one controller to another?

Dustin Suchter dsuchter at ucla.edu
Sat Sep 29 21:36:54 GMT 2007

That's what I was trying before, but check this out:

# CODE 1
#in MyApp::Controller::Libaray
sub read_book : Local {
    my ($self, $c) = @_;
    $c->response->redirect($c->uri_for('/readabook/read_book' ));
}

# CODE 2
#in MyApp::Controller::Libaray
sub read_book : Local {
    my ($self, $c) = @_;
    my ($bid, $pid) = ("2","345");
$c->response->redirect($c->uri_for("/readabook/read_book/$bid/$pid"));
}

# CODE 3
#in MyApp::Controller::ReadABook
sub read_book : Local {
    my ($self, $c, $book_id, $page_id) = @_;
    #do stuff...
}

When I use CODE 1 the app correctly executes CODE 3, but of course
there are no args passed along, so $book_id and $page_id are
uninitalized. When I use CODE 2, Catalyst executes my default action
(home) - my guess it it does this because it can't find a specific
"/readabook/read_book/2/345". For the record I also tried using CODE
1 and stuffing the values I needed into the stash, but that didn't
work either.

So how do you pass args with uri_for? I was hoping to RTFM, but I
couldn't find the FM for "uri_for", and I decided to consult the
Oracle (this mailing list) before trouncing through Catalyst sourcecode.

-d