[Catalyst] trouble with Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder: form does not render correctly (no fields)

Markus Holzer holli.holzer at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 5 15:31:45 BST 2008

Fellow nerds,

I've got a problem with Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder. I'm doing
exactly as advertised in the pod but the form refuses to render, or
better said is its fields.
The submit button is rendered with the correct caption (which is
different from "submit"), hence the .fb file is found and loaded. And
when i peek into $self->formbuilder->{fields} turns out the array is
there, but empty.
So the formbilder object is not correctly initialized, but I have no
idea why. I've tried some variations, like "Form(explicit/path) and
different line endings (cr, lf, crlf) of the .fb file. no avail.

i'd be grateful for suggestions.
thank you