[Catalyst] Catalyst-Manual-FAQ Addition

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sun Apr 6 21:00:18 BST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 08:23:07AM -0400, Russell Jurney wrote:
> I discovered that 'call' is a reserved word for Catalyst controllers,
> and any subroutines in a controller named 'call' will be ignored.

No it isn't.

Please don't make assertions without a test to back them up; if you've found
a way to make Catalyst ignore such, it's almost certainly a bug in either
our code our yours.

It sure as hell isn't intentional, as you can tell by the fact that the
string 'call' does not appear -at all- in Catalyst/Controller.pm