[Catalyst] CatalystSites.org

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Mon Apr 7 00:36:25 BST 2008

On Apr 6, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Stephen Sykes wrote:
> Oleg Pronin wrote:
>> It's definitely better than sites that are on top currently :)
>> Especially first :)
>> Also i meant 'most popular sites', not 'best sites', sorry :)
>
> If you want to produce the code required, I am willing to
> implement. I just don't have time at the moment. Or, everyone could
> visit the site and vote to change the results! :-P

Alexa is definitely *not* the way to go for reasons stated (their
toolbar client feeds their stats). I don't know if these guys have an
API or a way to use their data with their TOS but I was very
impressed by their ranking/traffic guestimates -- http://
www.quantcast.com/ -- which were extremely close to the Urchin/Google
stats for sites of mine.