[Catalyst] New engine: HTTP::Prefork

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Apr 7 11:31:14 BST 2008

Hi,

On Apr 6, 2008, at 1:46 AM, Andy Grundman wrote:
> Finally got around to releasing an engine I have been working on
> for a little bit.  I was disappointed in the POE engine and came to
> the conclusion that POE, while tons of fun to use, is not the right
> framework for something like a Catalyst engine.  So this engine is
> designed to replace the POE engine and is more than twice as fast,
> a lot more robust, and will scale much better.

I'm glad that the Catalyst community will have a nice standalone high
performance HTTP engine for Catalyst, but I'm sorry to loose the POE
engine.

the POE engine is actually very useful, not for its performance
characteristics, but because it allows us to easily include Catalyst
applications inside POE applications.

So please, create your new engine, I'm sure we will all appreciate
it, but do not kill the POE engine.

I would be willing to keep on working on it myself.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org