[Catalyst] Why does $c->stats require -Debug flag?

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 17:02:26 BST 2008

I've just tried to run my app. without the -Debug flag and now I just
get the '(en) Please come back later' (+ several other languages) error
page. I've traced it to the use of $c->stats in the end() method in the
Root controller, which is an ActionClass('RenderView') method:

[error] Caught exception in MyApp::Controller::Root->end "Can't call
method "accept" on an undefined value at ... etc

$c->stats->accept() is used in generating script timing reports (Cory
Watson: Adding Action Timings To Your Output), and works fine if -Debug
is enabled.

Nothing else seems adversely affected by removing -Debug.
Catalyst::Stats is up to date, and the docs suggest it should
automatically be accessible via $c->stats. Any ideas anyone?
--
Richard Jones