[Catalyst] Memory leak under FastCGI?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Apr 10 17:32:57 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:52:54AM -0400, Matt Pitts wrote:
> As of now, I'm trying to hack up a better ProcManager based on
> FCGI::Engine::ProcManager that actually recycles its children using
> options like MaxRequestPerChild. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it done
> and cleaned up enough to release.

Please don't; there's work being done on an app plugin that implements
this generically, which is a much better approach. Contact John
Napiorkowski for his current prototype and help get that finished.

Once you use something like that, the child exits and ProcManager just
spawns another one.

Note also that the FCGI::ProcManager maintainer is Gareth Kirwan and can be
found hopefully via this list or as gbjk on IRC.

(moral of the story: RFC on here first before coding lest ye be reinventing
a wheel :)