[Catalyst] RIA on Catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Apr 11 15:32:20 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 06:25:56PM +0100, Peter Edwards wrote:
> I've been thinking about how to implement a Rich Internet Application type
> interface using WSDL and REST data sources including some from a Catalyst
> base in an SOA style environment.
>
> I like Extjs but I've also been looking at Tibo General Interface
> http://www.tibco.com/devnet/gi/default.jsp
> which has a good open source tool for generating RIAs http://gi.tibco.com/

Last time we did this we used dojo; while the widgets are maybe not quite
as good as ext's the class system and XHR wrappers are far, far more
powerful so it made modeling the system as half object + protocol (the
protocol being a JSON transport) much easier.

I am not, however, a JS expert; I spent most of my time beating Cat + DBIC
with a stick, as usual :)