[Catalyst] Django Dash, opportunity for Catalyst?

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Wed Apr 16 23:52:30 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:
> * On Wed, Apr 16 2008, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>  > http://www.djangodash.com/
>  >
>  > =summary
>  > The Django Dash is a chance for Django enthusiasts to flex their
>  > coding skills a little and put a fine point on "perfectionists with
>  > deadlines" by giving you a REAL deadline. 48 hours from start to stop
>  > to produce the best app you can and have a little fun in the process.
>  > =cut
>  >
>  > Fun to do something in Catalyst like that. If it were run concurrently
>  > that would be particularly interesting, and see which camp comes up
>  > with the better app!
>  >
>  > http://www.djangodash.com/faq/ has the timeline,
>
>  Sounds fun.  Let's do a Catalyst version at YAPC::NA (and if it goes
>  well, YAPC::EU).
>
>  I say... 1 day to write your app, the next day to present it to everyone
>  and receive highly valuable prizes if yours is the best.

Well, if we do the exact same format and even time as what they're
doing it'll be comparable, and achieve much higher visibility than a
language-specific conference.

They've bagged sponsors, and there's no reason a similar Catalyst
competition couldn't do the same.

..who will now go and delete the rawmode alias he has, promise