[Catalyst] modperl 1.3 wierdness

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Apr 21 19:23:44 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 07:09:26PM +1000, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> The above problem was solved by changing the apache config.
> Before:
> <Perl>
>    use lib qw(/my/home/dir);
> </Perl>
> PerlModule My::App
>
> After:
> <Perl>
>    use lib qw(/my/home/dir);
>    use My::App;
> </Perl>

Yep. PerlModule will do double-loading, as documented, which Catalyst can't
handle  (and shouldn't need to).

I suspect you'd've found changing PerlModule to PerlRequire would have done
the trick as well, though my MP1's rusty.

> I'm still seeing some problems indicating the Plugin::ConfigLoader isn't, well,

If you didn't make install it and deleted the Makefile.PL, it's not going to.

Catalyst uses the presence of Makefile.PL to check if it's running in an
unpacked dist versus running installed; since obviously an unpacked dist
-must- have a Makefile.PL otherwise it's not a valid dist[0]

Choose one option :)

[0] Yes, we do check for Build.PL as well. Hush.