[Catalyst] Re: Dispatching based on path and host/domain

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Wed Apr 23 21:56:07 BST 2008

* Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> [2008-04-23 21:40]:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 03:25:47PM +0100, Curtis Fletcher wrote:
> > Digging around, is it a sane thing to have:
> >
> > __PACKAGE__->_action_class('Catalyst::Action::MyAction');
> >
> > At the top of a controller if I want all of the methods to
> > use the same non-default ActionClass? I'm nervous about using
> > anything that starts with _
>
> It starts with _ because you should never call it from
> -outside- the class.
>
> You're fine calling it on your own class.

So if I want to use a particular Action class as the default for
all my actions, I can do that by creating my own controller base
class where I put that at the top and then have my controllers
inherit from that instead of directly from Catalyst::Controller?

Or do I need to do something more subtle?

Regards,