[Catalyst] Re: So, what do we want in the -next- book?

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 20:22:06 BST 2008

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> * On Mon, Apr 28 2008, Ali M. wrote:
>> Sorry to say this, but your book is not a good book!

>> One of the reasons we need a second book, is that because your book
>> was so bad. People right away started asking and hoping for a second
>> book.
>
> Now I can see why people are lining up to write another book.

Except that the views expressed by Ali M are pretty extreme, and I would
say do not reflect the view of most contributors to this list, whether
sympathetic to your efforts or not. Many people (myself included) might
like to see another book to *extend* yours - the question of course is
what form it should take.

But such sour contributions, which actually contribute so very little to
the debate, should not be weighed in the same balance as the many
substantially more reasoned arguments already put.
--
Richard Jones