[Catalyst] URL Aliasing MyApp::Controller - Apache

Stephen Shorrock stephen.shorrock at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:53:46 BST 2008

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone has experience of aliasing the Controllers of
a Catalyst application within Apache.

Essentially I would like the Controllers of my Catalyst application to have
their own alias locations eg.

MyApp::Controller::Area1 to have a URL http://someserver/area1alias
and
MyApp::Controller::Area2 to have a URL http://someserver/area2alias

Rather than

http://someserver/myapp/area1
and
http://someserver/myapp/area2

respectively

My current http.conf file is something like:

<location /app/myapp >
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler MyApp
</location>

and I am able to ModRewrite / Alias so that the actions are handled (eg
area1app -> /app/myapp/area1).  The problem is that the catalyst object ends
up with the incorrect $c->base, so that when I generate links using the
$c->base value they are using the '/myapp/areaX' form rather than
'/areaXapp' form.

If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

Stephen