[Catalyst] Catalyst::*::REST and Javascript

J. Shirley jshirley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 04:03:12 BST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Robert Krimen <robertkrimen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to play around with Catalyst::Action::REST and was wondering if
> anyone had any recommendations on a javascript utility/library to
> play nice with RESTful services.
>
> I'm thinking of something more comprehensive than the basic YUI, jQuery, or
> Dojo AJAX functions.
>
> Jester (http://thoughtbot.com/projects/jester) is one but it's dependent on
> prototypejs.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

I use YUI extensively in conjunction with REST -- it works great.
Takes a very minimal amount of work to connect
Catalyst::Controller::DBIC::API::REST with the YUI DataTable, too.

YUI 2.5.1 has better methods for setting the content type, too, so you
can serialize out as JSON without doing weird hacks that were
previously needed (in case you saw someone, probably me, bitching
about that last year :))

-J