[Catalyst] Troubleshooting FastCGI error

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 13 12:40:13 BST 2008

2008/8/13 Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com>:
> 2008/8/13 Dermot <paikkos at googlemail.com>:
>>>
>>> better change permissions to something like 664 and chgrp www-data (or
>>> whatever your webserver runs as) and make sure that webserver user can
>>> traverse the path to db
>>>
>>> like i.e.
>>> # su -m www-data
>>> $ cd $PATH_TO_YOUR_DB
>>>
>>> cheers
>>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> Is that for security reason? My http daemon runs as apache. Below is
>> the permissions as they are now.
>>
>> -rw-r-xr-- 1 apache apache 793600 Aug 12 13:30 mydata.db
>>
>> It doesn't resolve my problem. The error:
>>
>> unable to open database file(14)
>>
>> Is still there, even after a graceful restart.
>>
>> I suspect this is a configuration problem with FormFU but I am not
>> sure what. I have tickered with my conf file
>
> You're passing $form->model->update() your row object, so I don't
> think it can be a problem with formfu, as it'll just be working with
> that.
> Did you follow Matthias' advice to `su apache` and check you can
> change into the directory containing the db file?
>
> Carl

Thanx Carl and Sorry Matthias, I didn't follow you exactly because

su apache
This account is currently not available

and

su -m apache
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied

So I have chown apache:apache MyApp directory and it works.

Is it okay to leave the top level directory and the datafile owned by
the httpd user? I would have thought all the other code should be
read-only for other that user.

Thanx again,
Dp.