[Catalyst] Announce: Instant AJAX web front-end for DBIx::Class

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Tue Aug 19 07:58:50 BST 2008

Am 18.08.2008 um 23:22 schrieb Oliver Gorwits:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to announce a new Cat application which is now on the CPAN.
>
> The ListFramework Builder (LFB) takes your DBIx::Class Schema
> definition and produces an AJAX CRUD web interface, on the fly. The
> specific goals are minimal configuration and very quick deployment.
>
> LFB doesn't use scaffolding - the interface is dynamically generated
> from files in the distribution. Table relationships are well
> supported (belongs_to, has_one, might_have, and has_many), as are
> auto incrementing primary keys, and many data types.
>
> It's early days, and I'm working mostly on the ExtJS frontend at the
> moment, with a new release every couple of days or so. You can see a
> live demo of the current release of LFB, here[1]:
>
> ~  http://dragonstaff.co.uk/oliverg/album
>
> Feedback and early adopters are welcome! Drop me a line if you have
> any questions or comments. Here it is, on CPAN:

Hi,

Great goob! A few comments:

* Is it possible to add this as a plugin to an existing catalyst
application
(as an admin panel)?
* Why do you not use the filter abilities of extjs for the grid? they
are much more convenient
* Had you have a look at ExtJS 2.2? It has much better support for
ExtJS 2.2 and Checkboxgroups
* You created these comboboxes for "has_many" relationships. Did you
think about prodiving a
different interface for selecting the items depending on the number of
possible values?
What I'm saying: If you specify the color of a item (red, blue, and
green) and would be great to
have a radiogroup to select it. If there are many (>10) It would be
great to have a select box.
If there are even more (>1000) an autocomplete field would be great.

Nevertheless a great tool. Catalyst lacked such a feature.

moritz