[Catalyst] Documentation for Catalyst::Model::DBIC

Terence Monteiro terence at deeproot.co.in
Tue Aug 19 10:10:23 BST 2008

Hello,

I was looking to move connection info from my application's model DBIC
class to the YAML configuration, but could not find anything in the pod for
Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema. The only code was:

  __PACKAGE__->config(
      schema_class => 'MyApp::Schema::FilmDB',
      connect_info => [
                        "DBI:...",
                        "username",
                        "password",
                        {AutoCommit => 1}
                      ]
  );

I could not find any documentation about how to supply a model's
configuration parameters in the YAML in Catalyst::Model, since this is
generic to all models. I finally found documentation in
Catalyst::Model::Adaptor for this, and applied it:

Model::DBIC:
	schema_class: 'MyApp::Schema::FileDB'
	connect_info:
		- 'dbi:Pg:dbname=myapp'
		- 'postgres'
		- ''
		- AutoCommit: 1

Can I edit the pod for Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema with this example
and/or Catalyst::Model and send it to the author/documenter?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Terence Monteiro.

DeepRoot Linux,